CLAVES Experimental Design
Intervention vs. Control Groups:
- Intervention students participate in the CLAVES program
- Control students continue with the regular curriculum
Randomized Controlled Trial
Fidelity of Implementation
Fidelity of Implementation measures whether and how the intervention was implemented as designed/intended by the researchers.
Why is Fidelity of Implementation Important?
This is a methodological strategy that ensures validity and reliability of findings related to the effectiveness of the program.
Plans for ongoing professional development:
- Monthly Teacher Working Group meetings
- Offering support for implementing lessons
- Understanding the key principles of CLAVES so that teachers can create their own CLAVES curriculum
- Teachers will be prepared to implement CLAVES lessons with fidelity.
- Researcher feedback on individual observations
- Online discussion forum and resources
- School site collaboration